Call us: 01782 498693


Commercial Broker FAQ’s

What does an insurance broker do?

An insurance broker will shop the market on your behalf and find you the most competitive rates from their panel of insurers. Commercial insurance brokers are very beneficial as they will help you identify the risks that your business may face. They can then make sure you have the right cover in place.

A broker will discuss the various options with you and help you select the best option for you and your business. They will also complete any amendments that you may require. In the event of a claim, the broker will assist you with your claim.

What type of insurance do I need for my business?

Most businesses will need liability cover (public or employees if you have staff) at the very least. If you’re trading from a premise, you will need property insurance.

There are a lot of different business insurance products available and every business is different, so you may not need every product or you may need a specific type depending on your trade and industry.

If you’re unsure of what cover you need, get in touch with our team of specialists who will be able to help you find the right policy for your business.

What’s the difference between public liability and employers liability?

Public Liability – Covers you if a member of the public claims that they have suffered an injury or loss as a result of one of your employees or your business.

Employers Liability – This is a legal requirement if you have anyone working for you, even if they are unpaid volunteers or temporary staff. This covers you for claims of injuries and losses from your employees.

I have multiple vehicles, am I better off on a fleet policy?

Sometimes moving your vehicles onto a fleet policy can be cheaper alongside other benefits such as one renewal date, any driver cover available, easier administration and low fees.

Rawlins Insurance Brokers will shop the market on your behalf and find you a competitive fleet insurance quote. Then it will be your decision whether or not to move to a fleet insurance policy.

Can I have a mixture of vehicles on a fleet policy?

Yes you can. You can have cars, vans, HGV’s, classic cars and more on your fleet insurance policy.

What does Professional Indemnity Insurance cover?

Professional indemnity insurance can cover you for

It is always best to double check your policy wording and ensure you have the right cover for your needs.

Do you also provide personal insurance?

As part of The Brown & Brown Team, we provide a full suite of personal insurance: home and contents, car, van, travel, caravan, motorbike, breakdown cover, horsebox and more. Let us know what personal insurance you’re looking for and we’ll get in touch with our specialist personal lines team.

If you have any questions for us or would like a commercial insurance quotation, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team. Call us on 01782 498693 or complete our quote form and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon. 

Get a Quote

Let us know how we can help you. Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible, or when it’s convenient for you.

Get a Quote Call us