Call us: 01782 498693


Charity Insurance

A social enterprise, the ‘big society’ and not for profit organisations are an important part of our community; at Rawlins we are here to help with our charity insurance cover.

Charities face a long list of risks such as loss of charity assets or resources, damage to a charity’s property and third party liability for professional indemnity or public liability.

Compulsory Charity Insurance

There two types of insurance that charities may legally be required to purchase, depending on circumstances:

Employer’s Liability Insurance – A charity that employees staff or have any volunteers will require employers liability insurance by law.

Motor Insurance – If a charity owns or operates motor vehicles, it must comply with all provisions of the Road Traffic Act – including the requirement to take out insurance against third party injury and property damage. If employees, volunteers or trustees use their own personal vehicles for charity business, the charity must also make sure that the vehicle owner’s insurance covers such use. If it doesn’t, the charity may need to purchase additional premiums.

Common Insurance Covers that Charities have:

Additional cover is available depending on what your charity’s needs. You may need extra cover for events, personal accidents and staff illness for example.

Alternatively, should you wish to contact us directly one of our experienced staff would be happy to help and provide quotations and arrange cover for you. Call us on 01782 498693 or complete our quote form and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon.

Get a Quote

Let us know how we can help you. Fill out our contact form and we’ll be in touch as soon as possible, or when it’s convenient for you.

Get a Quote Call us